3.11.2009

Garlic mix preparation

Garlic...I love garlic and it is so versatile. I prepare a mix in advance that I keep in a jar in the fridge. It goes something like this....

-first, peel 2 cups worth of cloves
-second, either use a crusher or a blender-chopper thingy, or if you are good with a knife you could mince the garlic 'old school'

-pre first, start by squeezing half a cup of fresh lemon juice , that way its ready before the garlic

-Oh and before that when you are buying the garlic and lemons, pick up some BRAGG's naturally brewed soya ( it is really tasty and you will find yourself using it alot). I'll write more about that later.

So, now that I've got my thoughts a bit more organized, mix the minced garlic with the half cup of lemon juice and about 1/4 of a cup of braggs then put it in a jar (with a lid or it will stink up the fridge) and you're done...
This mix stays fresh and potent forever, when you need garlic just use a tea spoon of this stuff. What is nice is that it is ready to use whenever you cook without the fuss of peeling and mincing.

It just saves a bit of time...
I'm working on getting some video clips on here and a few more photos, and next i'll write about a 'Quickie Caesar salad dressing'

Bye for now and have a good day,

And

No comments:

Post a Comment